Wednesday 28 June, 2023
What do representatives from the Nordic countries, Swedish research, business, authorities, and NGOs say about the role of forests in societal development, Agenda 2030, and the progress towards 2050? What opportunities, challenges, and regional needs exist in relation to global development and future demands?
SLU has invited representatives from research, business, authorities, and other non-governmental organizations to a discussion on the role of forest services and their products in future societal development. The panel discussion takes place in the light of the IUFRO World Congress 2024, which will be held in Stockholm in June 2024, with Sweden, and the Nordic and Baltic countries as hosts. The conversation is based on the congress theme, Forests and Society towards 2050, Agenda 2030, and progress towards 2050.
The event is part of the official program of Almedalsveckan and takes place on the research vessel Svea, anchored in the inner harbour of Visby. The discussion will also be livestreamed on SLU’s YouTube channel.
- Maria Knutson Wedel, Opening Speaker, Vice-Chancellor, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU)
- Johan Kuylenstierna, Director General, Formas
- Erno Järvinen, Senior Ministerial Advisor, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Finland
- Knut Øistad, Senior Advisor, Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research (NIBIO)
- Karin Fällman Lillqvist, Head of sustainability, Skogssällskapet
- Peter Roberntz, Senior Forest Advisor, WWF Sweden
- Fredrik Ingemarson, Moderator, Director, IUFRO World Congress 2024