Take the opportunity to work as a volunteer at the world’s largest forest event next summer – the 26th IUFRO World Congress in Stockholm
Sign up as a volunteer and become a vital part of this exciting international event and vibrant experience. As a volunteer, you will get valuable work experience during the days of the congress. You will also have the chance to network and meet leading researcher, stakeholders and scientists from around the world. It is also a great opportunity to connect with potential future employers.
We are now accepting applications (link to application form below) from volunteers who are willing to assist with the organization of the IUFRO World Congress 2024.
Benefits for volunteers
- Access to all scientific sessions
- Access to the exhibition
- A set of conference material
- Certificate of Attendance
- Lunch and coffee each day of participation
- Participation in the congress out-door mingle on Friday, 28 June
- Participation in the in-congress excursions
- Acknowledgement in the IUFRO 2024 Congress Program
- Acknowledgement at the closing ceremony
- IUFRO 2024 t-shirt
Obligations for Volunteers
- Be an ambassador for the congress.
- Be helpful and willing to assist.
- Help and inform delegates and attendees, based on written instructions.
- Occupy a specific station for at least two days during the congress. This gives you the opportunity to take part of the congress sessions and exhibition.
- Participate at the volunteer’s one-day, education.
- Carry out assigned duties in a responsible and professional manner.
- Mandatory to be available for in-congress excursions on Wednesday 26 June.
- Assist at the congress out-door mingle on Friday June 28.
Congress volunteers fill a number of very distinct and important roles on-site, from monitoring session rooms to act as pathfinders as well as assisting with administrative duties.
Examples of duties
- Session room host
- On-site registration assistant
- Speakers/presenter host
- Pathfinders host
- Sponsor host
- In-congress excursion host
- Out-door mingle host
- Communicate effectively in English. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Be punctual and professional.
- Have a pleasant personality and be service-minded.