(This FAQ applies specifically to trips arranged by Nordic Ways)
How do I register myself to join the Pre and/or Post Congress tours?
Registrations are done on the register page here or directly on the pages for each excursion (”BOOK EXCURSION”)
Up to five days after the registration, you will receive more information by e-mail about the chosen tour(s) and the procedures for confirming your participation and payment.
The pre-booking fee (EUR 300 per person per tour) is required for confirmation of your booking.
Who can participate in the PRE and POST Congress tours?
Everyone can participate.
Do I have to be a IUFRO member?
No. The excursions are open for everyone.
What is the method of payment?
We accept payments through credit cards – VISA and Mastercard as well as payment via bank transfer. An invoice will be sent to the participant.
What is the deadline to register?
Deadline to register is 29 February 2024. First come, first serve.
Are all the tours confirmed?
Confirmation of the program is subject to a minimum number of 20 confirmed participants. The final confirmations will be sent to the participants latest on 10 March 2024.
What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation by the participant:
- Fully refundable prior to 30 March 2024, minus a non-refundable administration fee of EUR 300.
- Non-refundable after 30 March 2024.
Cancellation by the organizers:
- Fully refundable on 30 March 2024, minus a non-refundable administration fee of EUR 300.
As the confirmation of all programs are subject to a minimum number of 20 confirmed participants, Nordic Ways has right to cancel any excursion with less than 20 confirmed participants. In this case all involved participants will be contacted personally and offered to choose a different excursion.
This will take place after closing of registration on 29 February.
How do I cancel my registration?
Cancellation requests of all Pre and Post Congress Tours must be sent by e-mail to Nordic Ways: firstname.lastname@example.org
What types of tours can I participate in before and after the congress?
The following optional Pre and Post Congress Tour programs have been specially prepared for attendees of the IUFRO World Congress 2024:
16 June–22 June 2024 (7 days/6 nights)
- Pre-Congress tour to Southern Iceland: The glaciers of Iceland – Experience People and Culture in the Land of Ice, Fire, Water and Small Forest.
- Pre-Congress tour to Northern Iceland: The highlands of Iceland – Experience People and Culture in the Land of Ice, Fire, Water and Small Forest.
17 June–22 June 2024 (6 days/5 nights)
- Pre-Congress tour to Finland and Northern Sweden: In the Heart of the Boreal –Nature, Art and Swedish Midsummer Eve.
29 June–4 July 2024 (6 days/5 nights)
- Post-Congress tour to Northern Sweden and Mid Norway: From Coast to Coast –The High Road to the Trondheim Fjord
- Post-Congress tour to Mid Sweden and Southern Norway: Voyage to the Fjords – From Vikings to Forest Industries
- Post-Congress tour to Southern Sweden: From Castles to Canopies – Forest resilience in Southern Sweden
- Post-Congress tour to Northern Sweden and Finland: Under the Midnight Sun
- Post-Congress tour to Southern Sweden and Eastern Denmark: From Tree to Table – The Scandinavian way
Who is organizing the IUFRO congress tours?
All Nordic Pre and Post Congress Tours are organised by Nordic Ways in cooperation with SLU, the Swedish University of Agriculture.
Are the Pre and Post tours included in the registration fee?
No. The Pre and Post Congress Tours are not included in the registration fee but can be booked during the registration to the congress. There is a limited number of participants for each tour up to 40 people. First come, first service.
What is included in the cost of my Pre and Post Congress Tour registration?
The Pre and Post Congress Tours program GENERALLY include:
- Accommodation: 5 nights in 3–4 stars hotels (6 nights for Iceland tours).
- Food: Breakfast, lunch and dinner for all days (as per plan). Drinks and tips are not included.
- Transportation: Private transfers – executive 49-seater coaches are at disposal for all days.
- Guide: Tour guide (bus) and local guides with technical expertise.
Please check practical information for each tour program for more details.
What is NOT included in the cost of my Pre and Post Congress Tour registration?
- Airfare for international flights.
- Travel insurance.
- Personal expenses on items such as laundry, soft & hard drinks, bottled water, incidentals, porterage, and bell-boy charges, tips.
- Payment for service provided on personal basis.
- Expenses incurred due to mishap, landslide, strikes, political unrest etc.
- Cost for services which are not mentioned in “what is included”, see above.
Please check practical information for each program for more details.
How can I contact the tour organizer with any questions?
Please reach out to Nordic Ways per e-mail email@example.com.
Who is Nordic Ways?
Nordic Ways is a Destination Management Company based in Stockholm, Sweden. With a large experience with congresses and events, they provide all required services necessary for a smooth and unforgettable trip or event, such as accommodation, transfers, activities, and assistance in different languages as well as a vast local knowledge.
What are Terms and Conditions?
- Costs may vary according to the time of the year, number of guests and all the services are subject to availability.
- Costs are in Euros with all applicable taxes included.
- Programs are taken as reference and changes on suppliers or activity orders may occur.
- Consider always bringing warm clothes and comfortable shoes. Temperatures can surprise you positively or not.
- We reserve the right to vary prices and rates in the event of changes in exchange rates or price rises made by wholesalers or other suppliers. If the cost of any service increases due to exchange rate fluctuations, price increases, tax changes or any other reason, you are required to pay the increase when notified by us or you may cancel the booking which may result in cancellation fees. We are not liable in any way if any increase occurs. Rates quoted are appropriate to the particular product at the time of quoting and these rates may change prior to the travel date. All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
It is the sole responsibility of the attendee to take care of his/her requirements. Attendees who require an entry visa must allow sufficient time for the application procedure. Visa applicants should be submitted at least 90 days before travel.
Some countries will require visa applicants to provide supplementary information explaining the purpose of their travel, such as a letter of invitation. A link to generate a customer letter of invitation will be available in the registration confirmation email. The 2024 International Congress will not contact embassies or consulates directly on behalf of the applicant.
Please contact your local consulate LOCATED IN SWEDEN AND OTHER COUNTRIES YOU EXPECT TO VISIT DURING YOUR STAY.
While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our clients’ trust. Keeping client information secure, and using it only as our clients would want us to, is a top priority for all of us at Nordic Ways. Here then, is our promise to our individual customers:
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our customers share with us.
- We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our customers, which includes advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business.
- We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
- We will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, or are required by law.
- Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up-to-date, and accurate. We will tell our customers how and where to conveniently access their information (except when we’re prohibited by law) and how to notify us about errors which we will promptly correct.
Information We Collect
When you register, and at other times, we may collect personally identifiable information from you that may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and facts about your computer. We do not, however, knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. In addition, if a user is under 18, unless consent is obtained from your parent/guardian, you are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Web Site Usage Information:
We automatically collect IP addresses and website usage information from you when you visit our website. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors and customers use and navigate our website on an aggregate basis, including the number and frequency of visitors and customers to each web page, and the length of their visits.
How We Use Information Collected
We may use information in the following ways:
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information.
- To send you e-mail notifications about our new or existing products and services, special offers, or to otherwise contact you.
- To enhance existing features or develop new features, products and services.
- To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
- We may combine the information that we collect from you on with information that you provide to us in connection with your use of our other products, services and web site.
We employ cookie technology to help visitors and customers move faster through our site. When you sign on to our website or take advantage of several key features, we may pass cookies to your computer. A cookie is a string of information that is sent by a website and stored on your hard drive or temporarily in your computer’s memory.
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing www.nordicways.se and communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
Comments and Questions