- All payments must be made in SEK (Swedish krona).
- Payment can be made by credit card or by bank transfer (invoice).
- When choosing “International bank transfer” in the registration form, you will receive an invoice including bank transfer information (bank account number, IBAN, etc).
- The invoice will be sent as a PDF attachment to the e-mail indicated as your contact address.
- Please note that we accept the following credit cards: VISA and Mastercard.
- The participant/payer is responsible for any bank charges/fees associated with the payment.
- The deadline to register for payment through international bank transfer is 22 April 2024.
- The fee must be paid in full prior to the congress.
- Swedish participants can choose to pay either by credit card or by invoice.
- For payment by invoice, the invoice will be sent primarily as an electronic invoice (e-faktura).
Information about payment by credit card
For your security, our payment system is connected to the 3D Secure system in order to ensure the security of payments made through the Internet. Your card must be connected to Verified by Visa or Mastercard Secure Code. Your bank can inform you if your card is connected, and how to connect your card if it’s not already connected.
If you receive an error message when paying with your card, please check with your bank to see if there is a block on overseas payments, a block on internet payments, and/or a limit on the amount that can be charged in one day. These are common reasons why a payment initially does not go through.
Please note that all delegates are required to pay Swedish VAT (25%) on the registration fee and social events. Swedish tax legislation requires delegates to pay their conference fee including Swedish VAT, which may be reimbursed according to specific regulations. If you are from a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), please seek a VAT refund through the tax office, in your home country.
Exceptions For Swedish participants from government public sector organisations (“statliga myndigheter”, e.g., universities, governmental agencies), no VAT will be added. In this case, you must choose the invoice (Swedish billing address only) payment option and provide your VAT number.
Cancellation of registration
Notification of cancellation must be made in writing and sent to the conference secretariat, e-mail: reg.IUFRO2024@slu.se
If you cancel your registration, you will be charged a cancellation fee of SEK 1 000.
- Cancellations made by 14 January 2024: The total amount will be refunded except for the cancellation fee of SEK 1 000.
- Cancellations made after 15 January 2024 through 23 March 2024: 50% of the total amount will be refunded.
- Cancellations made after 23 March 2024 and no-shows for any reason: No refunds or fee reductions will be granted.
- Cancellation of separate activities (e.g. congress mingle): No refunds will be granted.
Change of delegate
Should you be unable to attend, you will be given the opportunity to send a colleague in your place. Please contact the congress secretariat as soon as possible but no later than 14 June 2024.
Congress secretariat e-mail: reg.IUFRO2024@slu.se